- 1、本文档共8页,可阅读全部内容。
- 2、有哪些信誉好的足球投注网站(book118)网站文档一经付费(服务费),不意味着购买了该文档的版权,仅供个人/单位学习、研究之用,不得用于商业用途,未经授权,严禁复制、发行、汇编、翻译或者网络传播等,侵权必究。
- 3、本站所有内容均由合作方或网友上传,本站不对文档的完整性、权威性及其观点立场正确性做任何保证或承诺!文档内容仅供研究参考,付费前请自行鉴别。如您付费,意味着您自己接受本站规则且自行承担风险,本站不退款、不进行额外附加服务;查看《如何避免下载的几个坑》。如果您已付费下载过本站文档,您可以点击 这里二次下载。
- 4、如文档侵犯商业秘密、侵犯著作权、侵犯人身权等,请点击“版权申诉”(推荐),也可以打举报电话:400-050-0827(电话支持时间:9:00-18:30)。
- 5、该文档为VIP文档,如果想要下载,成为VIP会员后,下载免费。
- 6、成为VIP后,下载本文档将扣除1次下载权益。下载后,不支持退款、换文档。如有疑问请联系我们。
- 7、成为VIP后,您将拥有八大权益,权益包括:VIP文档下载权益、阅读免打扰、文档格式转换、高级专利检索、专属身份标志、高级客服、多端互通、版权登记。
- 8、VIP文档为合作方或网友上传,每下载1次, 网站将根据用户上传文档的质量评分、类型等,对文档贡献者给予高额补贴、流量扶持。如果你也想贡献VIP文档。上传文档
查看更多
山东省自考英语二Unit2
Unit 2
(山东省自考英语)
Text A
Caught Between Two Cultures 夹在两种文化之间
I was born and raised in Hong Kong.
我是土生土长的香港人。
For the past six years I’ve been living in the United States.
六年来一直生活在美国,
I work as a salesgirl in a large department store.
是一家大百货商店的女售货员。
Right now I’m going through a difficult period of my life which is hard for me to talk about.
目前我正经历人生中一段痛苦,自己也很难讲述。
A few months ago 1 went to Hong Kong for a visit.
几个月前,我回香港探亲,
It was the first time I’d gone back there since coming to the United States.
这也是我到美国后第一次回家探亲。
I was eager to see my parents,my brothers and sisters,and my friends.
我期待着见到我的父母、兄弟姐妹和我的朋友。
I really got a shock when I arrived.
到达时,我确实大吃一惊。
Hong Kong was not the same city that I left six years ago.
香港已经不是六年前我离开时的那座城市了。
Things had changed so much that I didn’t recognize parts of it.
这儿发生了巨大的变化,一些地方都认不出来了。
My elementary school was gone.
我读书的那所小学已经不复存在。
The houses on the street where I used to live had been torn down and replaced by office buildings.
曾经住过的那条街上的房子已被拆掉,代之而起的是办公大楼。
The shock from the physical changes in the city,however,was nothing compared to the confusion and hurt I soon began to feel in my parents’home.
但是,我到了父母亲家里不久,就发现了一些令我想不通的问题,情感上也受到了挫伤。与之相比,香港外观上的变化给我的震惊算不得什么。
My family greeted me warmly when I arrived.
我的家人热情地迎接我回家。
While my mother was busy preparing a special dinner in my honor,the rest of the family eagerly asked me questions about my life in the United States.
我母亲忙着备饭为我接风,家里其余的人迫不及待地问我在美国的生活。
I felt happy that day and for a couple of days after,but then I began to feel that something was wrong.
那天和之后的几天我都非常高兴, 但是不久我就开始感觉到事情有些不对劲儿。
I noticed that my family,especially my mother, would sometimes glance at me in a strange way when I was speaking.
我注意到,在我讲话的时候,我的家人,尤其是我母亲,会以一种奇怪的目光看我。
They gradually became less warm and friendly toward me,and I became uncomfortable and confused as to(至于) why they were behaving that way.
渐渐地,大家对我疏远起来,不像开始时那么热情、友好了, 我感到不舒服,弄不明白他们为什么这样对待我。
I decided to talk to my mother.
我决定和母亲谈一谈。
She aske
文档评论(0)