- 1、本文档共4页,可阅读全部内容。
- 2、有哪些信誉好的足球投注网站(book118)网站文档一经付费(服务费),不意味着购买了该文档的版权,仅供个人/单位学习、研究之用,不得用于商业用途,未经授权,严禁复制、发行、汇编、翻译或者网络传播等,侵权必究。
- 3、本站所有内容均由合作方或网友上传,本站不对文档的完整性、权威性及其观点立场正确性做任何保证或承诺!文档内容仅供研究参考,付费前请自行鉴别。如您付费,意味着您自己接受本站规则且自行承担风险,本站不退款、不进行额外附加服务;查看《如何避免下载的几个坑》。如果您已付费下载过本站文档,您可以点击 这里二次下载。
- 4、如文档侵犯商业秘密、侵犯著作权、侵犯人身权等,请点击“版权申诉”(推荐),也可以打举报电话:400-050-0827(电话支持时间:9:00-18:30)。
查看更多
转换法 (the Shift of Perspective- Negation and Affirmation in Translation)
Homework Checking:
Keys:
1. Day after day she does the same: washing, sweeping, and cooking.
她日复一日地做着同样的家务:洗衣服,拖地板,做饭。
2. She is a complicated girl – moody, sensitive and skeptical.
她是个性格复杂的人:喜怒无常,多愁善感,疑神疑鬼。
3. I’m really busy this morning: 2 classes, a meeting, and an interview.
我今天上午的确很忙,要上两节课,开一个会,还要接受一个采访。
4. Better be wise by the defeat of others than by your own.
从别人的失败中吸取教训比从自己的失败中吸取教训更好。
5. “Reading makes a full man; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man…”
“读书使人充实,讨论使人机智,笔记使人准确。”(培根:《论读书》王佐良译)
6. As he began talking, words poured out.
他一开讲,就滔滔不绝地讲个没完。
7. But it’s the way I am, and try as I might, I haven’t been able to change it.
不过我就是这个脾气,虽然竭力想改,终究还是改不了
8. Before handing in your translation, you have to read it over and over again and see if there is anything in it to be corrected or improved.
交出翻译之前必须多读几遍,看看里面有没有要修改的地方。
9. Outside it was raining cats and dogs as she shut the door.
她关门时外面正下着滂沱大雨。
10. Your parents or your wife or your son or your best friends might be expecting you back home safe and sound.
也许你的父母,妻儿,或者你最好的朋友都在盼望你平安回家呢。
Teaching Contents
1. Motivation
Some linguists say “Every language has its peculiarities in negation.” And there is indeed an important difference between Chinese and English in negation---negation in way of thinking and in mode of speaking. Native speakers have their own way of thinking in the negative and expressing negative implication, quite different from ours.
2. Translation Skills
Some Idiomatic Expressions:
★ Keep off the lawn! 请勿践踏草地!
★ I couldn’t agree more with you. 我完全同意你的看法。
★ I lay awake almost the whole night.
原译:我整晚醒着躺在那儿。
改译:我躺在那儿,几乎一夜没睡。/几乎一夜没合眼。
★ He was the last man to say such things. 他绝不会说这样的话。
★ They are non-local laborers in Beijing. 他们是在北京打工的外地民工。
★ We must never stop taking an optimistic view of life. 我们要永远对生活抱乐观的态度。
★ 王先生这几年一直是全勤。Mr. Wang has never missed a day’s work for years.
★ I do think that it is beyond h
文档评论(0)